WMPMI - IN-PERSON/VIRTUAL DINNERTIME MEETING - March 6, 2023 - Copy
WMPMI's monthly chapter meeting is a two-PDU event featuring two presentation sessions linked by networking time and dinner.
WMPMI Dinner & Networking Event
- Doors open at 4:45 PM ET
- The program begins at 5:00 PM ET and ends promptly at 8:00 PM.
- 5:10-6:10 PM - Session 1 Presentation
- 6:20-6:50 - Networking / Dinner
- 6:50-7:00 - Announcements
- 7:00-8:00 - Session 2 Presentation
- 8:00 PM - a Membership Raffle for Attendees will take place to close out the evening
- The Zoom link will be provided prior to the event via email.
Location: The Pinnacle Center | 3330 Highland Drive Hudsonville, MI 49426
PDU: 2.0 (1.0 TBD / 1.0 TBD)
Don't Let STRESS Manage Your Project!
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) - Billy Wallace Story
It’s not a secret that a project’s success depends on how well you manage stress. Billy Wallace will share strategies for stress management to improve performance in Session 1. In Session 2, Wallace will share his personal journey and lessons learned with PTSD.
1. Understand the importance of stress management.
2. Recognize signs of stress.
3. Describe the impact of stress on performance.
4. Identify strategies to reduce stress and improve productivity.
About the Speakers: Billy Wallace
Billy is a licensed attorney in the state of Michigan. He earned his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Thomas M. Cooley Law School and his Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Billy has served as a federal executive in the Department of Homeland Security’s Transportation Security Administration, where his positions included Assistant Federal Security Director, Human Resources Specialist, and Manager. He was a licensed law enforcement officer in Michigan and North Carolina, and is a Gulf War combat veteran, having served eight years in the United States Army and North Carolina Army National Guard.
Billy is the immediate past Director of Criminal Justice Training at Grand Valley State University, where he directed the Police Academy for 13 years. Billy has taught in GVSU’s School of Criminal Justice since 2003 and continues to serve as GVSU’s Public Safety Special Projects Manager.
Additionally, Billy is the owner of and principal consultant for WallaceSpeaks – Training & Consulting, LLC.
We are also offering a virtual option for this event for members and those not yet members.
- Member code for virtual - 2023DinnerMember
- Non-Member code for virtual - 2023DinnerNonMember
The Zoom information will be in your registration confirmation email.
It is no longer possible to register for this event