VP of Finance
VICE PRESIDENT OF FINANCE
The Vice President of Finance (VP of Finance) shall oversee the management of funds for duly authorized purposes of the Project Management Institute Western Michigan Chapter. The VP of Finance shall have and perform all duties commonly attributed to and vested in the corporate offices of treasurer, as well as all duties delegated and designated by the Board of Directors or the President. The duties and authority of the VP of Finance shall include, but not be limited to accountability for the accuracy of the financial books, fiscal and financial investment policies of the Chapter, and shall also serve as the standing chair of any finance committee of the Board of Directors.
- The person that fills this role must be a member in good standing of PMI as well as WMPMI.
- Maintain and manage accounts receivable and payable and all financial portfolios.
- Establish and maintain all required chapter bank accounts and/or similar financial transactions.
- Establish financial metrics and ensure the chapter is maintaining its requirements.
- Provide financial reporting regarding the state of finances and chapter activity to chapter membership, board, and executive level volunteer leaders monthly (board meeting).
- Analyze cost impact and income benefit of all activities proposed by the board of directors.
- Review any chapter contract, agreement, and insurance.
- Work with the board to develop and maintain an annual operating budget and financial statement to be included in the annual application for charter renewal.
- Ensure the chapter has reviewed and reported required tax filings.
- Recommend improvements in the financial processes to the board.
- Establish and maintain financial operational processes to ensure continuity of chapter operations and define, document, and maintain chapter policies.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual financial statements and reports.
- Provide timely information to independent auditors as required Keep an up-to-date inventory of all the
- goods of the chapter.
- Handle all PMI and government‐ required payments.
- Ensure maintenance and storage of all historic financial documents.
- Distribute information, materials and/or fees received from the PMI Global Operating Center to appropriate officers in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement succession and transition plan.
AVERAGE HOURS PER MONTH: 20 HOURS
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) Accounting Software/Tools (e.g., Quick Books, Excel).
- Analytical thinking and legal awareness.
- Basic knowledge of economics and legal awareness.
- Negotiation skills.
- Time Management skills.