Volunteer Job Description
VICE PRESIDENT OF ADMINISTRATION
The Vice President of Administration (VP of Administration) shall keep the records of all business meetings of the Project Management Institute Western Michigan Chapter and meetings of the Board. The VP of Administration shall have the authority, powers, and responsibilities assigned to the office by the Board of Directors and the President and shall act under the direction and supervision of the President.
- The person that fills this role must be a member in good standing of PMI as well as WMPMI.
- Oversees the functions of the backend systems that facilitate the operations of WMPMI.
- Provide administrative support for the web content management system, Basecamp, WMPMI’s Gmail account, GoToMeeting, PayPal, and the PMI Component system.
- Manage the Administration team that perform the following operations:
- Create and maintain event registrations.
- Print and deliver name tags for events.
- Check in members and guests at WMPMI events.
- Process refunds.
- Send bulk emails about events and important information.
- Create and disseminate surveys.
- Send survey results to the board.
- Troubleshoot issues.
- Provide technical support for speakers.
- Post information for and manage WMPMI board elections.
- Take minutes at board meetings.
- Provide event registration numbers and special dietary needs to venues.
- Maintain board communication information, such as WMPMI email addresses, board member information posted on the site, and board‐level privileges.
- Provide reports as needed.
- Attend monthly WMPMI board meetings.
- Create and maintain relationships with venues WMPMI uses for its events and negotiate and manage agreements with venues.
- Review and process invoices and team expense reports through Finance.
- Create and manage general registrations, group and sponsored registrations.
- Process the annual non‐profit report to the State of Michigan to ensure WMPMI’s active status.
- Assist with WMPMI charter renewal process, bylaw review and revisions, and budget review and development.
- Be a signer on the WMPMI bank account.
AVERAGE HOURS PER MONTH: 20 HOURS
- Operations management.
- Proficiency with content management systems.
- Negotiation, public speaking, and presentation skills.